Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO ALTIYAN'S FAN FORUM FIND LATEST UPDATES & INFO

Latest topics

» stories on how you met Altiyan or how you became to love him
Story behind the Man EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 1:43 pm by altfan-11

» Hello All :)
Story behind the Man EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 7:14 pm by altfan-11

» [L2J] L2Eclipse | FREYA | 15x RATES | +NPC BUFFER | JUST LAUNCHED!!!
Story behind the Man EmptySat 14 May 2011, 8:14 pm by sunrisegf

» DiabloMu SEASON 6 OPENED!!!
Story behind the Man EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 7:22 pm by sunrisegf

» Introduction
Story behind the Man EmptyTue 01 Mar 2011, 12:06 am by Helz

» North Leagues Club, Kallangur QLD
Story behind the Man EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 9:00 am by Sari

» some of my own designs...
Story behind the Man EmptyWed 05 Jan 2011, 9:02 am by sunny88

» Merry Crimbo & Appy New Year!
Story behind the Man EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 11:16 am by miira13

» REVESBY WORKERS CLUB, SYDNEY JAN 2011
Story behind the Man EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 7:29 am by bondi

» ALTIYAN APPEARANCE - WESTFIELD CAROUSEL, PERTH - 6 DECEMBER 2010
Story behind the Man EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm by kenobi_on_a_prayer

» new suggestions
Story behind the Man EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 7:15 pm by Admin

» Altiyan outside Channel 7 Studio, Sydney
Story behind the Man EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 7:12 pm by Admin

» CONGRATULATIONS ALTIYAN FOR THE PLATINUM ALBUM
Story behind the Man EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 7:08 pm by Admin

» Altiyan photos @ Richmond 18/12/10
Story behind the Man EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm by sunny88

» PHOTOS OF ALTIYAN
Story behind the Man EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 6:20 pm by Race

ALTIYAN Sings for you!

Flag counter

Story behind the Man Labels=0

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 205 messages in 55 subjects

We have 153 registered users

The newest registered user is buryale

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Story behind the Man

Race
    Race

Story behind the Man Empty Re: Story behind the Man

Post by Race Sun 19 Dec 2010, 2:08 pm

Well ... I would'nt change a thing ... every little piece makes up a beautiful picture . I had a friend over a few weeks back and played him some material from " The Xfactor " .. his one comment was " what a wonderful supporting Father " ... his Mother and Father are part of that colourful painting . I really do think there is a long way to go before we see the finished product . Thankyou Altiyan ,for the pleasure you have given me .
    Caity18
    Caity18

Post by Caity18 Wed 15 Dec 2010, 7:50 am

I absolutely love that Altiyan is still so, so strong after having such a tough time. He's such an amazing singer, and he puts so much passion into his music. His singing really touches me, like noone else has. It's truly amazing.
    christab1
    christab1

Post by christab1 Tue 14 Dec 2010, 6:39 am

I genuinely know what its like to be handed a bad deal in life, and I still question myself daily, on what have I ever done to deserve such a raw deal, but I am so glad, happy and proud that another precious soul has been given an opportunity to change their path and hopefully find ever lasting happiness, along with life's ups and downs. You go Altiyan, I love your sincerity and passion, it is truely refreshing to see a person be themselves, when left of centre is not normally well recipricated. xx
    Admin
    Admin
    ALTIYAN'S ADMIN
    ALTIYAN'S ADMIN

Post by Admin Wed 08 Dec 2010, 9:23 pm

Musically, Altiyan identifies Prince as his source of inspiration. But in life, there’s only one guy who fits the bill. “Dad has been broken and all his pain transformed into the most compassionate heart that I’ve ever known. The sacrifices he’s made are beyond belief. When all the other parents were saying ‘get a real job,’ he was buying my band instruments. It’s such an incredible thing winning X Factor. I’ve been trying to do something for dad for so long. Since I was 10 years old, I was promising, ‘Dad, I’m going to come save you and get us a better life.’ It’s unbelievable to see him witness the birth of that promise.”

By Altiyan’s admission, his father has endured a wretched life. Abandoned as a youth, his dad struggled through a difficult upbringing. Altiyan was born in Mount Isa, the North West Queensland mining town. There was a lot of movement. The family too often made tracks, but there was also a lot of love. As a young teen, Altiyan relocated to Sydney’s North Shore, and its there that his parents put down permanent roots.

And it was at this time when Altiyan connected with music. The aspiring artist gathered some like-minded friends to form a band, the core of which would play-on for the next two decades under various guises. “It’s amazing to look back now, but in those days my drummer’s kick was a punching bag and his snare was a plastic bag wrapped around a bucket. We started with such extremely raw tools.”
    Admin
    Admin
    ALTIYAN'S ADMIN
    ALTIYAN'S ADMIN

Story behind the Man Empty Story behind the Man

Post by Admin Mon 29 Nov 2010, 7:55 pm

Forklift driver Altiyan Childs had almost given up his dream of becoming a musician. Born in Mt Isa, but growing up in Sydney's North Shore, Altiyan Childs formed his first band at age 12.

Now at 35, he's finally getting the chance he thinks he deserves. Having enjoyed some success 10 years ago with the band "Masonia" (they reached Number 41 on the album charts), Altiyan decided to retire from music.

"I lost the drive to keep plugging away, sending demos."

Altiyan's father encouraged him to audition for The X Factor. "He saw how much I was struggling being

away from music," he says.

Altiyanís first audition didn't go so well - but the judges saw something in and and asked him to return the next day for another chance.

And now he has ended up with Ronan Keating as his mentor in the Over 25s group - "I instantly felt a connection with him - I love that man. He is so inspiring to me."

His musical inspiration: "Prince always affected me, Van Morrison spoke to me."

What is he looking forward to most in the competition? "As soon as the song starts, I

lose myself and find myself at the same time."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:15 am